Highlights of the Indigenous Business Symposium
April 26, 2022
The Montana Native Growth Fund hosted an Indigenous Business Symposium just a few weeks ago in Billings. The Business Symposium was a companion event of the Big Sky Indigenous Women in Art and Fashion Symposium and Gala and provided a fantastic series of business workshops offered for all Indigenous designers, artists, creators, supporters, and attendees of the Big Sky Indigenous Women Fashion Gala and Art Market. The workshops were filled with valuable business content and were designed to give business savvy to creators and makers to establish, monetize, grow, scale, and market their creations as a business.
The Women’s Foundation of Montana was honored to be one of the sponsors of the event. Below is a list of some of the incredible creators, designers, and artists that were in attendance:
- Bethany Yellowtail, keynote speaker: https://byellowtail.com/
- Tasha Carpenter, Green Tribe: https://www.facebook.com/Green-Tribe-100698375477736/?ref=page_internal
- Mildred Carpenter
- Yolanda Good Voice, Sweet Sage Woman: https://sweetsagewoman.com/
- Kathleen Carpenter
- Brocade Stops Black Eagle, Brocade: https://www.brocadesdesigns.com/
- Carrie Moran-McCleary, Plains Soul: https://www.plainssoul.com/
- Rebecca Jarvey: https://rebekahjarvey.com/
- Teashon Scheaffer
- Angela Howe-Parrish, Choke Cherry Creek: https://www.facebook.com/ChokeCherryCreek/
- Della Big Hair-Stump, Designs by Della: https://www.apsaalookedesignsbydella.com/
This event is just one way Montana Native Growth Fund is making space for Indigenous women to grow and thrive. If you’re interested in supporting small business owners as they work with Montana Native Growth Fund, contact Tonya Plummer or learn more on their website.